- Five-Card Stud Poker is a traditional, straightforward poker game that remains popular. All players place an ante on the table. The card room sets the ante amount.
- One face down (hole) card and one face up card are dealt to each player by the Dealer.
- The first betting round begins with the player who has the lowest exposed card bringing in (making a forced bet), and continues around the table with players choosing to call, raise, or fold.
- Third Street. After the first round of betting a third card is dealt face up to each player. A second round of betting commences. The player with the best exposed hand, of two face up cards at this point, begins the betting.
- Fourth Street. Players are dealt another face up card and the third round of betting begins. Again the player with the best exposed hand starts the betting round.
- The River. A fifth and final card is dealt to each player face up. The final round of betting commences.
- After the final round of betting the showdown begins where all players display their hole card and the player with the best hand is declared the winner and wins the pot!
Watch your opponents’ visible cards. If a player’s face up cards at any point beat your entire hand, it is better to fold.
Additionally, by watching your opponents’ cards you can see if any card that you need to complete a winning hand has already been taken by another player.